Merit score formula:
Preparation of Merit Score is based on the score obtained in the Entry Test and the half of the percentage of marks obtained in the Last Qualifying Exam (LQE) on the basis of which the admission is sought.
Merit Score = E. Test Score + (% LQE)/2
In case of tie, the Candidate having more numbers in the Entry Test will be preferred.
Semester Rules & Regulations
1. Grading Plan
|Letters Value||Numerical Marks||Grade Point|
|B||72-86||3 to 3.9|
|C||60-71||2 to 2.9|
The Grade Point Average (GPA) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of each student shall be determined as under:
For award of Degree, if the second fraction after decimal is 5 or more in such cases i.e. 2.95/ 2.96, and 3.95/ 3.96, it will be taken into account by raising the first fraction to the next higher digit/ round figure i.e. 3.0 and 4.0 respectively provided no other person is affected/ influenced with that change.
|a) G.P.A. Total GP of courses per semester
Per Semester = Total No. of courses per semester
b) G.P.A Total courses per year
Academic Year = Total no: of courses
d. In case of allowing probation in a course, and promotion in the next semester to a student, if the second fraction after decimal is 5 or more, it will be taken into account by raising the first fraction to the next higher digit that will be as G.P.A 0.95 or 0.96 can be raised to 1.0.
e. C.G.P.A. AND PERCENTAGE IN MARKS SHEET: The C.G.P.A. of student shall be recorded in the Marks Sheet/ Transcript along with overall percentage obtained by the student in four semesters.
e. No “make up” exam is allowed in any course under any circumstances.
3. GPA FOR AWARD OF DEGREE
The minimum G.P.A shall be 2.0 for award of Degree to a student provided he/she passes all courses.
GRADE POINT (GP)
|Grade ‘C’ Marks Range 60 to 71:||Grade ‘B’ Marks Range 72 to 86:||Grade ‘A’ Marks Range 87 to 100:|
|Percentage Marks||Grade Point G.P||Percentage Marks||Grade Point G.P||Percentage Marks||Grade Point G.P|
|60.0||2.0||72.0||3.0||87 to 100||4.0|
b. Two consecutive probations are permissible in each course to pass or to maintain GPA of 2.0.
c. A student who is fail in four courses in any semester or did not maintain G.P.A 1.33 in a semester or did not maintain continuity in appearing in the Examinations but avails semester break he/she shall be placed on term back from the rolls of the Department. A student accumulating three consecutive probations shall cease to be the student of the University.
- Promotion of student (s) in next Semester:
- A student is required to maintain a minimum G.P.A. of 1.33 in each semester for probation & promotion in the next higher semester courses. A student, who is fail in three courses, but not in four courses, shall also be promoted to next semester provided he/she shall have to obtain GPA 1.33.
- A student failing to maintain GPA of 2.0 or fail in any course but maintaining GPA 2.0, shall be placed on probation and he/she shall be promoted to next semester provided his/her GPA is not less than 1.33.
- A student placed on probation shall repeat all the courses in which he/she is fail and or such other courses as recommended by the Department as soon as the course(s) are offered in next semester.
- A student who is fail in four courses in any semester or could not maintain G.P.A 1.33 in a semester or could not maintain continuity in appearing in the Examinations but avails semester break he/she shall be dropped from the rolls of the Shaikh Ayaz University Shikarpur.
- Restoration of admission: An student is achieving less than GPA 1.33 will be declared Term Back in any semester and he/she may be provided one chance to repeat the same semester in order to improve GPA up to or more than 1.33, till that he/she will not be promoted in the next semester for which he/she has to submit a fresh application for restoration of admission and to pay full fees of the academic year.
That if any Student applies for re-assessment his/her application will be entertained within 10 days of the announcement of the result from controller of examination with the payment of Rs. 500/- per subject. Semester Committee will be comprised of two most senior teachers of the Department. The decision of Semester Committee will be final.
- Improvement of Grade ‘C’:
A student who has obtained Degree in Grade ‘C’ or a student shall be allowed to improve his/her grade ‘C’ in the course(s) in any semester.
The marks distribution for probationer/ failure/ improver student is as under:
Semester Final Test 80 Marks
Presentation/Viva -Voce 20 Marks
- Courses Marks Break-up:
- Each credit course carries 100 marks.
- Minimum pass marks in each course are 60%.
- The break-up of marks of each course is as under:
- Mid Semester Test 30 Marks
- Final Test 50 Marks
- Assignment 05 Marks
- Students Presentation in Class
- Attendance (75% to 84% =3 marks 85% to 100% = 5 marks)
Note: A student who is Failure/ Improver or on Probation shall have to pay Examination Fee of Rs.500.00 (Rupees five hundred) for each course.