As per directions of Higher Education Commission, Shaikh Ayaz University establishes Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) in 2019 on the directives of Worthy Vic e Chancellor, Shaikh Ayaz University, Shikarpur. Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) performs following functions.
Developing a viable and sustainable mechanism of Quality Assurance in Higher Education in Pakistan to meet the rising challenges of transforming the country into a knowledge based economy.
Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) of Shaikh Ayaz University, Shikarpur is committed to enhance the quality of education in each and every institute / department / college / centre in the fulfilment of requirement and satisfaction of its students, their potential employers and stakeholders.
QEC shall achieve its goals by creation of QEC cells in all institute / department / college / centre of Shaikh Ayaz University Shikarpur. The cells shall be encouraged by provision of training, guidance and resources to follow the path self -assessment of its program and resources.
The QEC shall thus ensure continuous sustainable quality of higher education in university leading to peace and prosperity in Pakistan.
Quality Enhancement Cell Functions
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality & standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear standards as reference that the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employer that what they want to expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with honors, Master’s, M.Phil. and Doctoral candidates, etc.
- QEC is responsible to develop program specifications. These standards are set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other attributes a student will have developed through a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance processes and methods of evaluation that quality of provision and standard of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of higher education.